We invite you to be our guest and experience the charm and elegance of The Merrimon-Wynne House, downtown Raleigh’s premier wedding and special events venue.
Built in 1876, The Merrimon-Wynne House has been carefully restored to its original grandeur. In addition to the picturesque building, The Merrimon-Wynne House has expansive, beautifully maintained grounds. Located in the heart of historic downtown Raleigh, it sits on the birth site of Dr. Jane McKimmon, and is only a few doors away from the Governor’s Mansion.
Rental of The Merrimon-Wynne House includes:
- Complete use of the house and beautifully landscaped grounds for the entire day
- Two bridal preparation suites
- Groom’s preparation suite
- On-site ceremony rehearsal 1 to 2 days prior to your wedding
- Separate ceremony and reception space
- 150 ceremony/reception chairs and 20 high-top cocktail tables
- Access to Merrimon-Wynne logos and other artwork for use in wedding weekend printed materials and invitations
Helpful information regarding rental of The Merrimon-Wynne House:
- The Merrimon-Wynne House is over 5,000 square feet, and the grounds cover almost an acre of land in the middle of downtown Raleigh
- Caterers and planners must be selected from our preferred vendors list.
- Due to the historic nature of the property and the liability policy, all alcohol must be controlled and therefore purchased through The Merrimon-Wynne House
- The Merrimon-Wynne House offers a variety of bar packages
- Raleigh’s citywide noise ordinance requires that amplified music concludes at 11:00 pm
- We offer a special package for Friday brides to rent the venue on Thursday for any wedding weekend needs, including rehearsal dinner, bridal luncheon, etc.
Whether you are planning a traditional or contemporary wedding, contact us today for a tour of our unique Raleigh wedding venue.